site under construction
Aboriginal Funerals – Pre-Paid Funerals
Pre-arranged funerals are not a new concept but have become far more common in recent years. Many choose to pre-pay their funeral because it relieves the emotional and financial stress of arranging a funeral for their family. Not only is the costs of the funeral fixed at today’s prices, but it also gives you and your family the peace of mind of knowing that your choices will be carried out as you wish.
The traditional situation of hastily made funeral arrangements in the midst of grief and confusion can be an added burden to a family at what is an already difficult time.
By spending time now planning, some of these stresses and burdens on your family can be eased by just one phone call.
As each Pre-Arranged funeral is customised to suit each individual’s needs, we would like to offer you an obligation free appointment where we come to you and we can discuss all the options available with you. Importantly, it also enables us to personally meet with you and answer any questions you may have.
A Pre-Paid Funeral Plan ensures that the price is “FIXED FOREVER” at today’s prices. Your family will pay no more for these services, regardless of when the funeral takes place. We also offer instalments for up to 36 months and your investment is lodged with an Australian Owned Registered Funeral Fund, which qualifies for tax exempt investment from Centerlink and Veteran Affairs Pensions.
The funeral service can be as simple as you wish, it is up to you. One thing we are known for is the care, respect and compassion that is, not only shown to the deceased, but also to the whole family. We will take care of the smallest details that reflect those special memories for you. This high level of personal service is the reason Aboriginal Funerals receive numerous referrals from the many families we have been privileged to serve.
Planning a Funeral Service
When planning a funeral service in advance there are two options available:
1. Fixed Price Pre-Paid Funerals. This service is available to people who wish to arrange all of their funeral details including payment.
This is where the cost of the funeral service, including many the options you may choose, is fixed and paid for in advance. All monies are invested in your name until such time as required. The administration of the funds is handled by an independent, well respected, public company within Australia. Expenses can be paid either as a lump sum or over a 1,2, or 3 year period. The price for Pre-Paid funeral plan varies as each funeral is different depending on each clients individual needs. However, as a guide, our Pre-Paid funeral package for a cremation starts from $4500.00 including GST. The cost include our Professional Service Fee and a Basic Coffin, Cemetery Fees, Death Certificate & Permit to Cremate, but excludes other disbursements such as Clergy Offering and Funeral Notices, Flowers etc..
2. Pre-Arranged Funerals. This service is available to people who choose to organize their funeral arrangements without paying any money now. This provides an opportunity for yourself, and your family if appropriate, to discuss your wishes with regards to the funeral service you desire for yourself. Pre-arranging your funeral has the dual benefits of ensuring that your funeral service reflects your desires, as well as relieving your family of the stress of making sensitive decisions at what will be a very emotional time. Your written instructions with regards to your funeral service are held by Reflection of Life until required and you are able to make changes to them at any time. The cost of your funeral will be determined at the time of death by the associated fees involved, eg; Funeral Directors Fees/ cemetery Fees & Permits/ Registration of & postage of the Death Certificate, and coffin/ Casket.
There are never two funerals that are identical; consequently the cost of a funeral is dependent upon the choices you make. We are able to offer a wide range of funeral styles and services. We pride ourselves on being able to assist families in planning a memorial or funeral service that is individual and reflective of the life and passions of the deceased. Funerals can be conducted in almost any surrounding. Reflection of Life staff will work with Clergy from any religion, or Civil Celebrants, in the coordination of a funeral service.
Pre-Arranged Funerals and Prepaid Funerals
Organising your own funeral may appear unseemly, but it is really just like preparing for any other major event in your life. By pre-arranging your funeral you get the peace of mind that you are helping your family with many decisions they won’t be equipped to make in the midst of grief.
It is important to consider some of the following when pre-planning a funeral:
- Will it be a burial or cremation?
- Where is your preferred place of rest?
- Take into account the wishes of your family
- Would you like a favourite song or music to be played at the service?
- Specific details pertaining to the type of coffin
- Any death notices
- Type of mourning vehicles
- Would you like flowers or donations to charity in your honour
The Benefits of Planning in Advance
- Peace of mind, knowing that your loved ones will be relieved of many burdensome decisions on one of the most difficult days of their lives.
- Peace of mind, knowing that the funeral will reflect your expressed wished.
- Peace of mind, knowing that the funeral will not be a financial burden on the family.
- Peace of mind, knowing that your family will not be caught up in ’emotional over spending’.
- Peace of mind, knowing that there is no more for the family to pay, as the prices are fixed and locked in.
- It protects your pension, as the amount paid can not be considered part of your assets.
- It does not become a part of your estate and subject to administration expenses.
- It is one of the most loving and caring things you can do for your family.
- Reflection of Life guarantee to carry out the funeral, as arranged, whenever it is required in years to come.
- Reflection of Life have an obligation to perform the services specified in the contract.
Planning in Advance Just Makes Sense
You do it because you love them
You do it to make sure that everything is taken care of… just as you’ve always done.
Planning in Advance is Part of Life
Most of us spend a lifetime planning in advance for the milestones in our lives:
- We plan for our weddings
- We plan to buy a home
- We plan for our children’s education
- We plan our holidays
- We plan our retirement
- We buy insurance to protect our loved ones
- Planning your funeral in advance is another milestone
Where Does My Money Go?
All monies are invested in your name until such time as required. The administration of the funds is handled by an independent, well respected, public company within Australia. Expenses can be paid either as a lump sum or over a 1, 2 or 3 year period. The price for a Pre-Paid funeral plan varies as each funeral is different depending on each client’s individual needs.
Once you have decided on the above and chosen us as your funeral director, you can be assured that when the time comes, your wishes will be carried out exactly as you planned. A pre-paid funeral also ensures that your loved ones do not have to worry about the financial expenses of a funeral when you pass away.